Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Night


Feliz Ano. Yesterday, we received the keys to our casa. I spent all day cleaning the yard, picking up paint supplies, and dreaming of the possibilities. It is hard not to just jump in and start changing everything and remodeling the whole house. I don't know if that is the builder in me or the natural reaction. One thing I know for sure is after seeing the house we will definitely need to figure out plumbing, wiring and masonry (all things I try to avoid). It is an all day challenge just to find an electrical cord with a 3 way adaptor.
Last night we cleaned up the side yard making extra special care to not disturb any scorpions or other venomous creatures. There was a ton of old wood and some yard debris that made for a perfect bonfire. We then set up the projector and the Wii for a trial run on a stucco wall. The kids had a blast playing Lego Star Wars and Disney Princess (even momma got in on the action).
Tomorrow night marks the world premier of Chacala Outdoor Cinema. We will be showing the ever popular classic Star Wars. This has been a dream for the last year and it is so exciting to see it come to fruition. Luis, Owen and I will be driving around town with a loud speaker announcing the showtime, feature and location. I guess this is considered Mexican DSL. Stay tuned for more details.

Have a Happy New Year
The Millers

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It looks like a lot of work. I wonder if you can put it all together in such a short time. I am sure I will be helping when I get there. Grammie

The Fergusons said...

We will be cheerleaders encouraging you along the way. What you are doing is very inspiring. Star Wars must have been huge. We can only hope you have the same success with your plumbing.

JosieYWAM said...

I put Elie and Owen on my screen saver. They look right at home. It is so cool what you guys are doing. I can't wait to hear about movie night and all the adventures this month brings. I will be praying for all of you and for a successful remodel. Love to all, God bless, Mary

grandpa jim said...

We are anxious to hear about the movie nite--if that goes well the next step will be to by The Clyde!!